- 6 pitas
- 1 1/2 tsp sumac, plus more to finish
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Optional- you can replace the sumac with za’atar, aleppo (for heat), honestly, almost any spice will work here.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Cut the pita in half and then into quarters. Place on a baking tray and cover with the olive oil, garlic powder (optional), sumac and salt. Toss well and place in the oven. Let them toast up for around 10-12 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle over some more sumac, let cool and eat as is, with a dip or on salads.