- 1 - 1 ½ bunches of asparagus depending on size, ends cut off
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves left whole
- Kosher salt
- Peel (with @materialkitchen forever peeler) the asparagus until you can’t peel it anymore, and then cut into thirds. Do this until you have peeled all the asparagus and place in a large salad bowl.
- In a pan, heat up ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil. Add in the grated garlic and sauté for a couple seconds and then add in the panko and a nice pinch of salt. On low heat, mix and toast the breadcrumbs until golden in color and then set aside in a bowl until cool.
- Toss the chopped walnuts on top of the shaved asparagus in the salad bowl and add in the lemon zest, shaved parm, fresh mint leaves, garlicky breadcrumbs, ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice and season with salt to finish. Toss and check for seasoning before serving. This salad will wilt while it sits, so eat right away. Enjoy!