- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbs Dijon
- 2 anchovies
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parm plus more to finish
- 2 medium heads of romaine, thinly sliced and washed
- 2 small fennels thinly sliced, keep the fronds for garnish
- 2 slices of sourdough
- 1/4 cup evoo
- Finely chop the garlic (or grate using a microplane) and the anchovies and place in a bowl. Add in the egg yolk, dijon, red wine vin, lemon juice, salt, pepper and give it a good whisk. Drizzle in the evoo while whisking and when everything is combined check for seasoning, grate in 1/4 cup of parm, mix and keep to the side.
- Slice and wash your romaine and fennel. Before tossing everything in the dressing heat up a pan with 1/4 cup of evoo and add the two pieces of sourdough to the pan. Toast for a minute on both sides until golden. Place on a plate.
- Toss the dressing with the romaine and the fennel until totally covered. Place a nice amount of salad on the toasted sourdough. Finish with a nice grate of parm, cracked black pepper and the fennel fronds. Eat with a knife and fork and never look back.