- 1 baguette – sliced in half and then into thirds
- 2 tomatoes - grated or food processed
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 big garlic clove - peeled but kept whole
- Sprinkle of Urfa, Aleppo or chili flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil plus more to finish
- Maldon salt
- Grate the tomatoes and season with salt and set aside.
- Heat up a pan with ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil. Place the bread cut side down and toast on one side until golden. Remove from the pan and place on serving plate.
- Run the garlic clove all over the toasted bread (really run it everywhere and on every crevice), spread over the salted ground tomato sauce. Sprinkle over urfa and then finish with sea salt and extra virgin olive oil. Serve.