- 1 cup grated Gruyère
- 1 cup grated parm
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large garlic cloves - grated
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh sage leaves- finely sliced – can also sub with rosemary or thyme
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed – lightly toasted and ground
- Season well with salt and pepper
- 2 long sweet potatoes - peeled
- 1 celeriac - peeled
- 4 russet potatoes - peeled
- 4 medium beets – peeled
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl combine the cream, milk, grated garlic, freshly chopped sage and ground coriander. Grate the cheese in another bowl and mix. Remove around 1/3 cup and keep to the side and pour the rest in the cream mixture. Season the cream mixture well with salt and pepper and keep to the side as well.
- Peel the veg and using a mandolin slice the veg all the same size. Remove a 1/3 cup of the cream mixture and place in another bowl. Place the beets in the small bowl of the cream mixture and place the rest of the sliced veg into the rest of the cream mixture.
- Butter a baking dish- I used a 9 X 12 dish. Layer in the veg, pour in the rest of the cream mixture and then finish with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and place in the preheated oven for 45 minutes covered and then remove the foil and roast for another 25 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Serve.