- 2 Delicata squash
- 2 tsp fennel seed, lightly toasted
- 1 tsp coriander seed, lightly toasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp Aleppo chili- can sub with chili flakes
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Slice the delicata squash in ¼ inch thick rounds. Remove the seeds on the inside and place the squash in a bowl.
- Place the lightly toasted coriander seeds and fennel seeds in a mortar and pestle and give a good smash. Add in the garlic and smash it into the spices. Add in the olive oil, aleppo chili and season with salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over the delicata squash and toss everything together.
- Toss the coated squash pieces into the grated parm making sure to really coat it and place on the parchment lined baking tray. Place in the oven and let roast for 20–25 minutes until golden and the cheese really perfumes the house.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple minutes before removing and serving. When it cools the cheese hardens and it becomes crunchy. It’s so good.