- 10 ramps, greens removed from bulbs, finely sliced, but kept separate
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 cup panko
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 250 grams spaghetti
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Heat a large pot of water and season generously with kosher salt.
- In a large saucepan heat up 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil. Add in the grated garlic, anchovies and chili flakes and sauté until the anchovies almost melt away, around 8-10 seconds on medium/low. Add in the panko and season well with salt. Let toast on medium low heat for a couple minutes until golden. Remove and keep to the side.
- Wipe the pan down and heat up 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add in the white part of the ramps and season with salt and black pepper. Sauté for a couple minutes on medium low and add in the greens, mix in. Turn off heat and keep to the side.
- Add the pasta into a pot of boiling water and cook till al dente. Remove the pasta water and keep to the side.
- Place the pasta directly into the pan with the sautéed ramps and stir. Add in the pasta water and keep mixing so it gets nice and saucy. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs, toss and drizzle over extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.