- 500ml heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 leek, top remove, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small pot place the olive oil with the garlic and the leeks. Make sure the garlic and leeks are submerged in the oil. Cover and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes until fully tender. (You can totally do this on low heat on the stove as well). When the garlic is soft, remove from the heat and let cool on the side.
- Place the cream in a kitchen aid with a whisk attachment and whip. Whip until the cream separates from the buttermilk.
- Using your hands, remove the butter from the bowl squeezing the butter in your hand until it becomes smooth (note- keep the milk for pancakes in the fridge) Rinse the butter under cold water while packing it together. In a large bowl add the butter, freshly chopped parsley, dill and sea salt. Strain the garlic and leek oil, keeping the oil on the side to use for eggs or veg…honestly anything! It’s garlic leek heaven.
- Finely chop the leeks and the garlic until it’s a paste and place in the bowl with the butter and herbs. Mix well and place on the parchment paper. Roll into a log and place in the fridge to set. Spread on toast (hello garlic bread), on steak, with eggs…anything. This butter is amazing and will make everything taste incredible.