- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2- 28 ounce can San Marzano tomatoes crushed – If you can’t find crushed just crush with hands
- 1 1/2 cups kalamata olives, drained
- 1/3 cup capers, drained
- 1 500G bag of pasta - I love spaghetti and bucatini for this one
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Freshly grated parm for serving
- Fill a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Season very well with salt (like the sea).
- In another large pot, heat the extra virgin olive oil and add in the garlic and the anchovy. Keep on medium-low and sauté until the anchovy melts into the olive oil, making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Mix and bring to a gentle simmer. Let simmer for around 10 minutes and then add in the olives and the capers. Mix in and simmer for another 15-20 minutes. Check for seasoning and keep on low heat, while you make the pasta.
- Boil the pasta until al dente, and then add the pasta directly into the pot with the sauce. Mix in and serve with freshly grated parm.