- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lemon juiced
- Cheese cloth
- Dukkah – Eating Out Loud - page 60
- Persimmon- sliced thin
- Sourdough- sliced ½ inch thick pieces
- Honey to drizzle
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Cracked black pepper and maldon to finish
- Place the cream and milk in a pot and bring to a boil. Take off heat and add in the kosher salt and lemon juice. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes until the milk starts to curdle. Pour into a cheesecloth lined strainer over a large bowl and let strain until room temp. Keep emptying the liquid from the bowl underneath every 30 minutes so that it can properly strain. The longer you strain it, the thicker it gets.
- Schmear a nice amount of ricotta on the sourdough and top with 3-4 thinly sliced pieces of persimmon. Drizzle over honey, a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle over the dukkah. Finish with maldon and freshly crackled black pepper.