- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup parm chunks, plus more to finish
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup evoo
- 450 grams of orzo
- 2 cups pasta water (seasoned generously with salt)
- Place a large pot of water on the stove and season generously with kosher salt. Bring to a boil. While it is heating up, place the walnuts, lemon zest, chunks of parm, garlic, and kosher salt in a food processor and give a good buzz. Add in the olive oil in a stream. Once it is all combined, turn off the machine and keep to the side.
- Once the water is boiling, add the orzo into the pot and boil until al dente. Remove 2 cups of pasta water when it’s done and then strain. Place back into the pot and add in the walnut lemon mixture, stir together and add in 1 cup of pasta water, mixing vigorously until the sauce starts to thicken. Keep adding a little water at a time if it gets too thick. Finish with fresh lemon juice and mix.
- Portion out the pasta and finish with grated parm, cracked black pepper and more evoo.