- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs ground lamb (can also sub with ground beef)
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Kosher salt and cracker black pepper to season inside and before grilling (to taste)
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Mix all the ingredients together until just combined. Form into golf ball sized patties and lightly flatten. Season both sides generously with kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Place on a hot grill and grill for 3-5 minutes. Flip over for another 3 minutes, remove when it’s medium and place on a bowl to rest. Serve with garlicky tahini, zhug and fresh mint or parsley.