An easy weeknight meal you and the fam will love.
- Casarecce pasta (or any pasta) 500g
- 3 medium sized zucchini, batons
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parm plus more to garnish
- 1 tablespoon urfa plus more to garnish (can also sub with chilli flakes, Aleppo etc)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a large pot of water and season heavily with kosher salt- (like the sea) bring to a boil.
- In a large pan heat up 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Add in a couple handfuls of sliced zucchini to the pan and sear on one side until golden. Season the zucchini with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. When the zucchini is golden all over remove from the pan and sear the rest until golden all over. Use more olive oil if you need for this. Place the pasta.
- In the same pan where you sauteed the zucchini add in another 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and add in the garlic. Lightly sauté and add in the urfa and season with salt and cracked black pepper. Add the zucchini back in and when the pasta is al dente add directly to the pan with the garlic and chili. Add a cup of water, juice and zest of 1 lemon and 1/2 cup grated parmesan. Using your spoon mix the pasta together until the cheese melts in and a light sauce starts to come together. Check for seasoning and remove from the pan and garnish with more parm, urfa, cracked black pepper, more parmesan and extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy!