- 1/4 cup EVOO, plus more to finish
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 cup fresh basil plus small leaves to garnish
- 250 grams dry bucatini
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated parm
- Heat up a large pot of water and season generously with kosher salt (like the sea)
- In a large saucepan heat up the olive oil. Add in the crushed garlic and sauté until lightly golden on medium low. Add in the tomatoes and season well with salt and cracked black pepper. Cover with a lid on medium low and let simmer to start breaking down.
- 10 minutes later, use a spoon to break down the tomatoes to create a sauce. Let simmer for another 10-15 minutes on medium low with the lid and check seasoning.
- While this is finishing up, boil the pasta. When the sauce is done, turn off the heat and add in the lemon zest, juice and fresh basil.
- When the pasta is Al dente, add it to the sauce and toss until coated. Serve with freshly grated parm, fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil and cracked black pepper. Enjoy!