We are all about one sheet tray meals in this house and this one is no exception.
- 2 rainbow trout filets
- 3/4 cup panko
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- 2 tsp sumac, plus more to garnish
- 1 tablespoon preserved lemon rind, rinsed and chopped
- 8 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches of asparagus, ends trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Lemon to finish with
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and place the fish on top. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl place the breadcrumbs, 1 tsp kosher salt, cracked black pepper, grated garlic, sumac, preserved lemon and 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mix well, separate the mixture and press down onto both fish filets. Next to the fish place the asparagus and drizzle over 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Place the fish into the oven and let roast for 12-15 minutes until the top of the breadcrumbs are lightly golden. Squeeze over fresh lemon juice and sprinkle over fresh basil and sumac and enjoy.