I could and I would eat this every day.
- 1 eggplant, sliced in half and scored
- 2 cloves of garlic or 1 big one, grated
- 1 tsp ras-el hanout
- 1 tbs harissa paste
- 3 tbs EVOO
- 1 tsp toasted ground fennel seed
- 1 tsp toasted ground coriander seed
- 1 cup cooked bulgur
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 tbs EVOO for dressing
- Finish with Garlicky tahini, EVOO and fresh herbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the eggplant in half and score the inside. Mix the ground fennel seed, coriander seed, ras el hanout, harissa, garlic, extra virgin olive oil in a bowl and season well with kosher salt. Spread all over the inside of the eggplant and place in the oven. Flip halfway through all the way over, this helps steam the inside and roast for 45 minutes.
- While the eggplant is roasting in a bowl mix together the bulgur, parsley, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and zest and season well with kosher salt. Mix and keep to the side for when the eggplant is finish roasting.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven and spoon over the tabouli. Drizzle with garlicky tahini and then finish with EVOO and fresh herbs. Serve for lunch or dinner. The PERFECT veg main and a now staple in your home. You will love.