- 6 corn cobs, silk removed and husk kept on
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup cilantro, leaves torn
- 1/4 cup parsley, leaves torn
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted and salted
- Sea salt to finish
- Remove the silk from the corn by carefully pulling down the husk and cleaning out the silk.
- Mix the butter with the cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic and salt. Schmear it all over the corn and then pull the husk back up covering the buttery corn. Place on a pre-heated grill and grill on medium-high heat for 25 minutes, making sure to turn every five minutes. The husk will burn but that’s ok. It’s protecting the corn and steaming it inside while infusing it with the spiced butter and char flavour. It will char the corn on the grill in some places which is great. You want that.
- Remove from the heat and remove all the burnt husk.
- Cut the corn off the cob and place it in a bowl.
- Place the sliced tomatoes, scallions, radishes and feta in the bowl on top of the grilled corn.
- Grate over the lemon zest and juice the lemon right over the vegetables, drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle over the herbs, Aleppo pepper (if using) and season well with salt. Enjoy!