- 2 heads of broccoli, and stems, washed
- 1/2 pack (around 3 cups) of baby arugula
- 1/3 cup capers, dried
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup almonds, roasted
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- Handful of parsley, washed and dried
- 10 sprigs of tarragon, washed and dried
- Two small handfuls of fresh mint, one handful for the dressing and one handful for garnish, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the stems off the broccoli and remove the outside layer with either a knife or peeler. The inside is much more tender. Slice the stem into thin pieces. Using a sharp knife finely slice the rest of the broccoli. Place the broccoli, arugula and chopped almonds and the extra handful of fresh mint in a large bowl.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan and when it is hot, add in the dried capers. Fry for a minute until the capers have flowered and are lightly golden. Remove and place on paper towel to drain. Place the crispy capers on top of the other ingredients in the bowl and make the dressing.
- Make the dressing. In a blender place the Greek yogurt, parsley, tarragon, mint, chives, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend until bright green and check for seasoning. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.