- 3 fennel (keep the fronds to garnish salad with) - sliced into ¼ inch thick pieces
- 4 celery stalks - sliced into ¼ inch-thick pieces
- 5 radishes - thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion - thinly sliced
- 1 apple ( Ambrosia/ Honeycrisp) - thinly sliced
- ¼ cup toasted/salted sunflower seeds (Can also sub with pumpkin)
- 1/3 cup shaved manchego cheese (can also use parm, pecorino, gruyere...)
- Handful fresh mint - can also sub with parsley, cilantro or basil
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt to finish - give a couple good pinches
- Place all the ingredients in a large salad bowl. Zest over the lemon, squeeze over the juice, pour in the olive oil and season well with salt.
- Toss and serve. You can always finish with more fronds and an extra shave of cheese to garnish.