- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped- optional
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 cup red lentils - rinsed
- 1 400 ml can of coconut milk
- 1 can of water
- Cilantro to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Steamed basmati rice to serve with
- In a medium sized pot, heat up the coconut oil and add in the onion and season with salt. Sauté for a couple minutes on medium until translucent and then add in the garlic, ginger, turmeric, and curry powder. Sauté on medium low for 3 minutes until the ginger and garlic get cooked through.
- Add in the lentils, coconut milk and then fill the coconut milk can with water and pour that in as well. Bring to a boil and cover with a lid, then turn down the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes until the lentils are tender. Check for seasoning and serve with steamed rice.