Crispy Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs – these are just classic. Once you figure out how easy this method is, it’s hard to make roasted potatoes any other way. You can totally omit the herbs and toss these potatoes in spices like, paprika, turmeric, curry powder….whatever flavor combinations you love. The key here is making sure you pre-heat the oven and space out your potatoes on the sheet tray so they have the ability to really crisp up and get golden and crunchy. These are Ido’s fave and also Ayvs…just an all around crowd pleasure.
- 2 lbs New Potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head garlic, crushed cloves
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs- can substitute with dried
- 3 rosemary sprigs- can substitute with dried
- lots of Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to season
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add in the potatoes. Boil for 10-15 minutes until a knife runs through the potato easily. Strain and let air dry for 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven for 425 degrees F. Place the potatoes on a sheet tray and using the bottom of a cup or the heel of your hand press down on each potato. Make sure they aren’t touching. Season well with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle over fresh thyme, rosemary and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Tear the leaves and rub them releasing all the aromas. Move the potatoes around on the seasoned oil, being very careful not to bread the potatoes. They are very delicate. When the oven is pre-heated place the seasoned smashed potatoes in the hot oven and let roast for 20-25 minutes until golden. Remove and eat those Crispy Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs.