Yields- 24 cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts- crushed
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate
- Sea salt, to finish
- Cream the butter well. Add in the sugars and continue to cream. Whip until light and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time and continue creaming. Add in the vanilla and mix. Mix in the molasses and cream until just combined (at this point the dough might split a little but just remember it will all come together with the flour).
- In another bowl whisk together the ap flour, oats, coconut, cinnamon, cardamom, kosher salt and baking soda. Mix half the flour mixture into the butter, once it’s almost combined add the rest of the flour mixture in. Once it all combined add in the walnuts and chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set up for at least 1 hour. I like to do this the day before and keep in the fridge overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees f
- Line baking trays with parchment paper or a silk pad. Break off golf ball sized pieces of dough. Roll and place on the tray. Press down each ball and place in the oven. Bake for around 10-12 minutes until lightly golden. Remove and sprinkle over sea salt. Place on rack and let cool completely. Enjoy!