- 2 delicata squash
- 3 tsp sumac, plus a sprinkle for garnish
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds- I just buy the salted toasted ones to make my life easier
- ½ cup feta- I used Bulgarian feta- crumbled in my fingers
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- Slice the delicata into 1/2 inch thick rings and remove the seeds from inside. Place on a sheet tray and drizzle on 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 tsp sumac and season well with salt and pepper. Place in the preheated oven and roast for 20-25 minutes. Flip halfway through to get a nice golden color all over. Remove and let cool. Make the vin and prepare all the other ingredients while it's in the oven.
- make the sumac vinaigrette. In your large salad bowl add in 1 tsp sumac, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar and garlic and start to whisk. slowly drizzle in 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Add in the lettuce, fresh parsley and red onion to the bowl. Toss in the vinaigrette until covered and top with the delicata squash, pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds and feta. Sprinkle over a little more sumac and serve.