- 1 head green cabbage, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 - 14 oz can of chickpeas- rinsed and drained - you can also sub with other canned beans
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Miso tahini and sake
- 1/4 cup miso paste
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1 cup dry sake
- 1 1/2 tbs honey
Whisk together and keep to the side.
Miso tahini dressing
- 1 tbs miso paste
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbs tahini paste
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/2 cup water
- generous pinch of kosher salt
Place in a bowl and mix until combined. Check for seasoning.
- Trim the cabbage and cut into 8 equal pieces with the core intact. In a large wide pan add in 2 tablespoons of evoo and 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Add in half the cabbage and fry until golden and then flip over carefully. Around 10 minutes each side on medium. Once the other side is dark ad golden remove and add in the rest of the cabbage to get golden all over.
- Remove once colored and add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add in the chopped onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add in the chopped garlic and sauté for another couple minutes. Add the cabbage back in and cover with the chickpeas. Pour over the miso, tahini and sake mixture and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover with a lid and turn down the heat to a simmer. Let simmer on medium low for 25 minutes until the cabbage is totally tender and the chickpeas have absorbed the liquid. Remove the lid and drizzle over the miso tahini dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve hot.