- 3/4 cup Castelvetrano olives- smashed to remove the pits
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves- crushed
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped Parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 anchovies
- 1 1/2 tsp Aleppo chili plus more to finish
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 250 grams of spaghetti (half a bag) can also use bucatini or whatever you have on hand
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and season heavily with kosher salt. When the water is boiling add in the pasta.
- Make the sauce. In a large saucepan heat up ½ cup extra virgin olive oil. Add in the garlic, anchovies, and Aleppo chili. Sauté for a couple minutes on medium/low to melt the anchovy away and to get a little color on the garlic. Add in the olives and season with salt and cracked black pepper, sauté for a couple more minutes. Keep to the side until the pasta is done.
- When the pasta is done, place directly into the saucepan with 1 cup pasta water and mix with a wooden spoon to create a sauce (if you need more pasta water then just keep adding - we want this to be silky). Turn off the heat and add in the lemon zest, juice, and the parsley. Toss and plate. Finish with more Aleppo chili, parsley and a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.