- 250 grams spaghetti
- 5 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 -14 ounce can of artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
- ½ cup pitted castelvetrano olives, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup freshly chopped parsley
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 anchovies (optional)
- 1 tbs aleppo chili or chili flakes
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 cups grated parm, plus more to garnish
- Kosher salt to season pasta water- taste to make sure it’s salty when you season
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and season heavily with kosher salt. When the water is boiling add in the pasta.
- Make the sauce. In a large saucepan heat up ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil. Add in the garlic, anchovies, and aleppo chili. Sauté for a couple minutes on medium/low to melt the anchovy away and to get a little color on the garlic. Add in the artichokes and olives and sauté on medium heat until lightly golden. Keep to the side until the pasta is ready.
- When the pasta is al dente, place directly into the saucepan with 1 cup pasta water, grated parm, lemon zest, lemon juice and mix well until a sauce starts to form. Add more pasta water if it needs to get a bit saucier. Toss to fully mix together and plate. Finish with more parm and Aleppo chili and enjoy!