- 1 acorn squash- washed and cut into quarters or sliced – remove the seeds from the middle
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil- plus extra for drizzling on top
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup farro, rinsed 3 times
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- fresh mint to garnish
1. Drizzle olive oil onto of the acorn squash and sprinkle over the curry powder and season with salt and pepper. Make sure they are completely covered. Place in a 450 d F oven and roast on high for 25-35 minutes (depending on the thickness of the squash) until golden. Remove from the oven.
2. To make the faro tabouli, place the rinsed faro in a pot- place in enough water to cover and bring to a boil. When it’s boiling cover with a lid and turn it down. Let simmer for 20-25 minute until the faro is just cooked through- if there is leftover water, then strain. Add in the pomegranate seeds, pecans, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil and season with salt.Mix
3. On a plate, place a nice dollop of Greek yogurt and spread it out. Place the squash on the yogurt and top with the faro tabouli. Sprinkle over the pomegranate, pecans. fresh mint and lemon zest. Drizzle with the pomegranate molasses and a little more olive oil and serve.