- 10 medium/small Yukon gold potatoes - washed but keep skin on
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more to finish
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan, plus more to finish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tbs za’atar- can also use sumac
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the potatoes down the middle lengthwise. Score the inside. Do this with all the potatoes.
- On a large sheet tray, drizzle over 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil and grate over 1/3 cup of freshly grated parmesan. Sprinkle in the garlic powder, zaatar and season with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Mix all the ingredients together and then spread an even layer over the tray.
- Arrange the potatoes scored side down on the tray. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top of the potatoes, grate over more parmesan and season with salt and cracked black pepper. Place in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the scored side is golden brown and a cheese Zaatar crust has formed.