- 2 tbsp – extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper – cleaned and cut
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes – medium chopped
- 1 tbsp – tomato paste
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp harissa or chili powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- 2 fillets red snapper, Mediterranean sea bass, cod or striped bass
- lemon juice to serve
- fresh white bread to serve
- tahini to serve
- fresh vegetable salad or freshly cut cucumbers and radishes drizzled with olive oil and salt, to serve
1. Blend the red pepper, tomatoes, garlic, harissa, sweet paprika, smoked paprika and coriander in a blender.
2. In a pan, heat up the olive oil, add in the cumin seeds and let toast for a couple of seconds. Add the pureed tomato blend into the oil. Mix and season well with salt and pepper. Let simmer on medium low for 20-25 minutes until thickened and slightly sweet. Check for seasoning.
3. Place the 2 fish fillets on top and cover with the sauce. Cover with a lid and let cook for 2-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish fillet.