Another fave dish at DEZ was this Charred Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon and Currant Chimi. It’s a HUGE crowd pleaser and makes you look at vegetables in a whole new way. I love making vegetables the star of the meal and this dish really does just that. The bright chimi I put on these perfectly charred florets is also insane on roasted chicken, steak, lamb, grilled fish and so many other roasted vegetables. It just makes everything pop.
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped preserved lemon (rinds only)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup currants or raisins
- 1/4 cup white or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fried capers, for garnish- drain the capers and then dry them. Heat up grapeseed oil or any oil with no flavor and pour in around 1/4 cup of capers. Fry until they flower and lightly brown. Remove and drain on a paper towl.
- fresh dill, for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F. Cut the cauliflower into florets and toss with the olive oil and salt; place in the oven for 15 to 17 minutes until golden and toasted. Remove and prepare the sauce.
- Finely chop the cilantro and parsley. Mix in the grated garlic, and finely chopped preserved lemon. Mix and slowly add in the oil and salt.
- Stir in the currants and the vinegar.
- Pour the sauce over the roasted cauliflower to taste. Top with the fried capers and garnish with the dill.
- Enjoy and SHARE your Charred Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon and Currant Chimi!